I don’t know if I will make it back to blogging. It’s a distinct maybe. I do know that it’s time to start adding some of my original designs to the wonderful web. Like any new venture it’s never easy. The Cable Braid Scarf is available on Ravelry now. It does link back to my pattern page here. Hopefully as I get better at adding patterns there will be more to see both here and on my Ravelry store.
For the last few years Mickey has been my constant companion. He was always close by. Sleeping on my bed with me at night, Sitting in his seat belt whenever I went in the car, and helping me get around when I wanted to go somewhere.
Harder than the fact that Mickey is not my constant companion is the fact that he is still alive. Had this been an unexpected death I believe I would be able to find some peace. Instead it is a case of more dog than I am able to physically handle. He is looking for a new home and I pray that he is able to find one soon.
For the last few days I have been second guessing my decision. I know that it is probably best for all of us. But the pain I’m going thru makes me question that choice. Did I really do what’s best? Maybe I could work harder on the training. Everyone says he’s a different dog with me than anyone else. I wonder if I was wrong letting him go so easily. And yet, none of this is easy. The pain is more than any death I’ve faced in my life. Knowing that he’s sitting there waiting. It’s hurting me so much. I can only hope to find some peace in this. Cause I don’t see it hurting less any time soon. And I can’t get very far on my own.
I love you Mickey. I’m so very sorry. I hope you forgive me.
Today is the first day of my new retirement. It wasn’t planned. It wasn’t medical (don’t worry). But I am totally embracing it. This blog, among many other things, has been sorely neglected due to an insane work load. That too will change. Now maybe I’ll have the time to finish projects that I can show and talk about here. Maybe now I’ll have time to do things that I enjoy. That I have wanted to do. I can’t wait.
Stay tuned to see what kind of
trouble fun I can get in to.
And Happy Knitting.
Of myself. I finally managed to finish the GM Tablecloth. It only took me 3 days to clean off the table so I could put it out.
Knit with Royal Crochet cotton
Needles 2.5mm in every size from double points to a 60″ cable needle.
Beaded and knit as a full square. Pattern adjustments are available thru the designer.
Click on any of the pictures to enlarge.
Now I’m off to work on some other projects that need some love and attention. Happy Knitting
This has been a rather difficult week in our home and family. I’m very scattered, so that’s what you get.
1. DH’s Aunt Claire passed away this week. While the family had been expecting this. It is never easy. Our hearts go out to Marcie, my MIL, and all of Claire’s children. Rest in Peace Claire. You were loved and will be fondly remembered.
2. Yesterday I fell. This is always my fear. It doesn’t happen often. Mostly because I’m so aware of my moves. But it leads to a few nasty days afterward. I’m currently covered in some very nasty bruises and in more pain than usual.
3. Mickey spent Tuesday at The spa at the vet. He had a cut on his cheek that got slightly infected. My fabulous vet and staff had to give him a little nap so that they could clean out the gunk. He’s being a real toddler* about taking his medicine. *If you’ve ever had a 2-year-old with a fever you know what I’m talking about.
4. With all the above I’m at least getting a lot of knitting done. I’ve been on a push to get GM done. I’m now working on the bind off. There’s a lot of stitches there. I’m figuring around 1484. I really want this done to add to Stash Dash.
5. I’m playing with a pair of socks. They’ve been OTN for a long time and really getting on my nerves. I’ve ripped back 5 times, re-knit to make them longer, tried them on and I swear they are shorter than they were to start. I’ve now decided that I will finish these socks and if they don’t fit me then they will go in the gift box.
6. I am already starting to think Christmas. I’m making plans. Lots of plans. I special ordered some yarn from one of my favorite indie dyers. Lisa will be creating something for me to start on the gift list. I know exactly what I’m making. More on that later. Maybe. I have to make sure that none of the family is reading the blog.
7. I also have a request to another indie dyer that has no deadline on it. I’m not in a rush and Melissa knows that so when it comes I’ll show off the goodies.
That’s enough for now. Back to the knitting.
I’m still here. As always, life gets in the way of my good intention to blog more often. I have made some progress in the last week. I’m now four rows and the bind off away from finishing my GM tablecloth. I’ve been working hard on getting it finished. I’m hoping to get some good pictures when its finished.
I did manage to knit up a quick little sweater for my DGD. She needed a little something to go with her new dress for her birthday pictures. You never know how cold the AC will be.
Pattern made up from a stitch directory. The pattern was named Feather Lace. I used a 3.5mm needle and cast on what ended up being the center of the shrug. I then knit both sides out at the same time using a long circular needle.
Tour De Fleece has finished. I did manage to cross the finish line but I was a few days behind the rest of the competitors. I wanted to spin the green fleece that I got from Rhinebeck last year. I managed to finish the green, then I came across some of the pink that I got at the same time. (it had been hiding from me) I finally finished the pink today. Maybe now I can start spinning some of the fleece that has managed to find its way to my stash.
I’m pretty proud of how well this came out. It’s a little thick and thin, but mostly even. I plan to make some baby blankets out of these smaller pieces of handspun. I have some white bucle in the stash that I think will look great. Someday. Definitely not today.
Well, it’s work week. And I have something else going on that’s slowing down my knitting. I still have hopes of putting in a good showing on Summer Stash Dash. I think I can get close if I can work on GM.
Caution: this post is heavy with links many from Ravelry and pictures.
1. Ply on the Fly yarn. Someone on Plurk sent me this great tutorial. I’ve never seen this before but knew instantly that this would be the thing for me to master. Amazingly I did. I got 32 yards of Navajo plied yarn on my first try. I will be using this a lot in the future.
2. 2 Ply yarns. I spun 2 skeins of yarn. 40 yds and 72 yds. That’s 112 yards to add to my stash dash total. I plan to use these small skeins for a baby blanket that I’ll eventually make. I can see it in my head. Someday it will translate and come out my hands.
3. Large Beaded SMS Shawl. I’m making progress. I’ve been working on this for the last few days. I’m starting to worry that I might run out of yarn. I have 3 plans to deal with a possible shortage.
4.Summer Flies Shawl. This will never run out of yarn. I’ve decided that this project is stuck in the black hole of knitting. The plan is to knit until I run out/low on the main yarn. Then cast on the mini matching skein for the edging. I’ll see how that plan goes.
I need to get back to work on the GM Tablecloth. That’s my Secret to finishing the Stash Dash. Chart knitting has been difficult lately.
I also need to work on Evenstar. I’m still waiting on my bead order. I think if the ones I chose don’t come soon I’ll have to change plans.
I did finish a cute pair of socks for DGD. I’ll have to get a picture of the socks. (I gave them to her at the party and I didn’t take a picture) OD also asked for a sweater for DGD’s birthday pictures. I have to get her measurements (another thing I forgot to do) so I can start. I have 2 stash yarns that I’m gonna have to choose from soon.
That’s a lot.
And it’s not even all of it. I better get back to the knitting.